Hulls Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

First off, I apologize in advance for the quality of these pics, they were shot on cheap film way back when, under poor lighting conditions.

Hulls Falls is one of those places that was a popular swimming spot at one time. Back then, the signs read "Enter at your own risk" and lots of people did. You parked along the road and walked around the fence down to the falls where there's a great pool to swim in. But, that has all changed, the signs are now the standard "Posted - No Trespassing" signs and I haven't seen anyone in there in several years. These shots were taken before the situation changed.

First off the standard lazy summer afternoon at the swimmng hole shot:

The left fall of the lower set

Same fall, less water

The right fall of the lower set

another view of the right one

The falls that are above the bridge

and a parting shot of the swimmers from the bridge, high contrast due to bright sun

That's it for this one, unless the ownership situation changes and the public is allowed access again, that's all I'll ever have.
LGD
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

We visited here in September of '07 after climbing Cascade Mountain. It's a nice scenic spot!
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Were the posted signs still there? Or did you just sneak in?
LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

looks cool.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

We just looked at it from the bridge. Not because we saw signs but we didn't have enough time to go down for a closer look. We did see people down there though.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Really, that's interesting. Might be one of those "no harm no foul" type of posted areas. I'll have to swing by there the next time I'm up that way.
LGD
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Just drove by...heavily posted and fenced right to bridge. I would think this is considered navigable though so another approach might work.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Thanks for the info. It would be easy enough to walk down along the stream from the rte 73 bridge.
LGD