Fall Brook Falls - Geneseo

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I have read about these falls on some other websites and could not find a post for it here. It's listed as private on this site, but you would never know from visiting. There were a half dozen people there yesterday, and no signs were visible. There is even an extensive rope rail going down the hill. Plus several campfire rings are down in the bottom of the gorge. Even though it wasn't at peak flow, it is still quite a respectable waterfall.

Last edited by Matt on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: put Geneseo in the Subject
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Last time I tried to visit here I turned back because it was posted. I had visited twice before that, each time not posted. I'd be curious to know if its legal to visit now or if people are taking the signs down. It's definitely a spectacular falls!

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I think it's just one of those falls that's posted, but everyone just visits anyways.
There's also another falls upstream.
cbobcat49

There's also another falls upstream.
Really? On the other side of route 63 I guess? Is it accessible?
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

It's a small one... 5 feet or less.. in the woods across the street. probably not accessible. I've only seen pictures.
And supposedly Beards creek, across the valley, has a falls as big as Fall Brook Falls. Downstream from Dunkley road.
monkeycowmeow
Rookie

There is a waterfall on Beards Creek in Leicester, NY. I think it's nicer than Fallsbrook Falls on the other side of the Image

~Lisa
God hath made everything beautiful. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Thats a nice falls. Not sure if we should be posting falls that are clearly posted though from a legal standpoint? Im also guessing thats not 100' based on the tree sizes along the rim.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49

That's a beautiful falls! I'd be curious if a hike upstream through the gorge would be posted or not.