Eggleston Falls - Keuka Lake

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Yeah, it's a shame that Eggleston is off limits. I found some decent shots of it here...
http://www.keukaview.com/images/Slide%2 ... index.html
Welcome to the community!

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Welcome to the community!
Yeah- I've heard a lot of great things about this glen. Maybe someday I'll be allowed to photograph it.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Not sure if he had permission or not but found this on FingerLakes1.com. Just as I remember it...been a long time....

June 7th, 2010 3:27:55pm
" Eggleston Glen "
Eggleston Glen near Penn Yan on Sunday afternoon. Photo by Nigel P. Kent, http://www.nigelpkent.com.
Attachments
yates2.jpg
yates2.jpg (51.78 KiB) Viewed 7366 times
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
ADWheeler
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Sony A77v DSLT, Sony A55v DSLT, Sigma Lenses

I am going to shoot this glen soon. The owner is a Mr. Yunis and he indeed does own camp Arey. I myself used to hike this glen as a kid every summer. There were rumors that a couple of boy scouts fell to their deaths there. I cannot confirm nor deny this but I would be willing to bet that this is why mister Yunis does not want visitors. (Liability as mentioned) I was a property renter at camp Arey when the Yunis' family bought the park and I am not now, if that tells you anything. I have a friend at the park who is going to "get us in". More like waterfall UrbEx I am sure..

Again, this is private property..enter at your own risk..

For those folks that are having trouble...this might help you:
RELEASE OF LIABILITY WITH ASSUMPTION OF RISK

This Release is made as of this ____ day of ______________, 2011 by and among (PLEASE PRINT) _____________________________ (Releasor(s)”) and Lace Building Affiliates, LLC and Lace Building Affiliates, L.P. (“Releases”).
For and in consideration of the right to enter the Scranton Lace Building (the “Building”) and for other good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, Releasor(s), their successors and assigns, do hereby remise, release and forever discharge Releases and their members, partners, affiliate and subsidiary companies, divisions or groups, their predecessors, successors and assigns, and all of their respective past, present and future members, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, workmen, employees and insurers, successors and assigns, of and from any and all, and all manner of liability, actions and causes of actions, suits, liabilities, debts, dues, damages, accounts, bonds, covenants, contracts, agreements, promises, guarantees, representations, judgments, claims and demands whatsoever, arising in law or in equity, whether past or present, known or unknown, arising out of Releasors entering the Building for the purpose associated hereto. This Release shall not be subject to revision or termination by any party hereto by reason of any claim of fraud, duress, deception, mistake of fact or law, or inadequacy or lack of consideration.
Releasor(s) understand that they are assuming all liabilities upon entering the Building and that they are doing so at their own risk given certain environmental and construction-related hazards; some of which are open and obvious such as uneven surfaces, pipes protruding from the ceilings / walls, broken stair treads, etc. and some of which are presently unknown. These unknown hazards include but are not necessarily limited to exposure to mold and bacteria, mycotoxins (fungus-related), PCB’s, asbestos, lead and hazardous waste.
This Release does not constitute an admission by Releasee of any liability or wrongdoing of any nature, nor does it constitute an admission that such environmental hazards in fact exist.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF and intending to be legally bound, Releasor(s) has caused this Release to be duly executed on the day and year first written above.

WITNESS:

____________________________ _____________________________
Name/Title

Date:
Initially this is to enter an abandoned building (Scranton Lace) but could easily be adapted to private property...
A.D.Wheeler ~ HDR Landscape and Abandonscape Photographer ~ NY Based
---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ADWheelerphotography.com