Fillmore Glen State Park - Cayuga County

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate Fillmore Glen State Park

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
No votes
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
No votes
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip
63%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
38%

Total votes: 16
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Discuss Fillmore Glen State Park and the surrounding area here.
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Fall:

Summer:

michael_shake
Junior
Junior

Beautiful photos. Looks like the second one is tilted but its still a very nice photo. I like the foreground elements in both of them.

The first one also reminds me a lot of a waterfall in Pembroke Virginia on the Cascades trail.

DougPhoto
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot A530

Out leaf-peeping and stopped at Fillmore Glen, one of many glens in the Finger Lakes Region.
Attachments
"Cow Sheds"
"Cow Sheds"
5202A.jpg (173.48 KiB) Viewed 6950 times
"Cow Sheds"
"Cow Sheds"
5200A.jpg (165.49 KiB) Viewed 6944 times
Matt
President
President

great shots Doug. I was there a few weeks ago, and pretty much had the park to myself- the downside... I didn't have much time!
Mark J
Senior
Senior

Great pics of Fillmore Glen. I love anyplace that has things named after cows! It would be interesting to see cows actually standing in that "shed."

Matt, you make a good point about visiting some of these places alone. I like the companionship and the safety factor of a hiking partner, but sometimes the solitude in an awesome natural environment can be very special. I was at Carpenter Falls alone a couple years ago, it was great. I've also managed to have some other extremely popular and extremely awesome places to myself by going at off hours, such as first thing in the morning. Two favorites were Hamilton Pool in Travis Co., Texas and Mystery Cave in Minnesota, which I had to myself for 90 minutes in the company of a state park ranger.

My next destination is Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge in Florida -- no waterfalls, but looking forward to it a lot.

Mark J
Matt
President
President

I do have some new photos that will be going up this winter. Unfortunately I did have time to take any audio samples or video -oh well- and excuse to visit next year.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Had never been to Fillmore, so despite the rain yesterday morning I decided to check it out.

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook