Royalton Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Jen

Has anyone been there?
We went up last spring a couple days after a rainfall, thinking the falls would be running hard.
And after an hour of slogging through mud (sometimes up to our ankles) we'd only made it halfway, and decided to turn back.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Mud.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. There's something about that place. Even in the driest of summers all the trails are filled with mud. There are 2 falls there, both pretty ugly. Only about 15 feet tall or so. It worth going to if you're area and you want to just say that you saw it.

Oh and there's lots of snakes there too. Little garter snakes slithering around.

Chris
Jen

Snakes don't bother me -- I have 3 as pets! :D
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

I'm partial to the little critters myself. I don't have any as pets, but I'm pretty protective of any on the property.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
cbobcat49

I stopped here today. Here's some pics just in case anyone was dying to know what these falls looked like. Again, nothing much to look at. Only come here if you're checking it off a "to do" list.

The main falls:

The falls on the main tributary:
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

Very nice photos cbobcat. Looks like a beautiful place. Is it hard to get to?
cbobcat49

Easy to get to the park itself, sort of hard to get through the park to the base of each of the falls. It's very muddy and there aren't really maintained trails down to the creek. There's trails throughout the rest of the forest in the park though. It's in Royalton Ravine County Park in Niagara County, just east of Lockport.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

Thanks Chris. It looks like a beautiful place. :)