Waterport Falls (Oak Orchard Falls)

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

poetic_irony

Hey guys just wanted to write and say that now is peak time for photos at a little waterfalls that i know about in a town called waterport NY it's about 45 min north west of rochester. i have some pics that i will send to you guys once i finnish up the session i am working on. directions to the falls are as follows, head west 490 to the 531, take the 531 untill it ends near brockport take a right at the light, then you'll come to another light take a left hand turn, and head towards brockport. you will come to another light after a series of large curves take another right there go to the next light and take a left, at this point you will be on route 104, take rt 104 about 25 minutes or so and you will come to route 98, there will be a little gas station on your right called JP's, take a right there, you will be heading north on rt 98 about a mile down the road you will come to a 40 mph zone a golf course on the right and a cow pasture on the left, you will come to a road that goes to the left at the end of the cow pasture there is a town highway dept building on the road you will take that's called waterport carlton road, go down that road till you come to the end, there will be a small lake on the right and a long bridge that crosses that little lake, go right across the bridge, at the end of the bridge take a right hand turn, you will go around a sharp left hand curve and there will be a dirt road that goes to the right, go down the road and park and the third curve, and your there. i know these are long directions but they are very accurate and detailed and you wont get lost if you follow them, the river that you will be looking over that the waterfalls is part of is called the Oak Orchard river. the water is flowing at full speed and it really is quite a site to take in!!!! i have taken probable 200 pictures there over the past few years and very few of them dissapoint..... good luck all and i hope you enjoy!!!!

Brandon
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

thanks. I updated my list with that.

here's a map:
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=43.33230,-78 ... %2Cunnamed

looks like this one has a nice viewing platform.

photo I found:
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Poetic_irony sent in some winter pics of Oak Orchard Falls:

nvr2low

looks like a cool place
tjconheady
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon Powershot S3

i've been by waterport once...

could there be anymore fisherman looking for dinner on one bridge?
TJC

www.conheady.net...a cleaner, less biased, less censored, less-Matted forum
Falzguy

innapropriate comment removed.
Last edited by Matt on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: comment removed - warning issued.