Grimes Glen Climb and Explore

A virtual place for planning to get together in the real world. Help plan photography hikes, walks, and meet-ups.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Sunday still a go? If we want to switch it to Saturday to accomodate Chris thats cool with me, but I wouldnt be able to make it till 3 or 4ish. Which is still cool with me. Just let me know.

If its Sunday...I will probably be making it down there before 9 and doing Tannery at sunrise.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

hobkyl wrote:Sunday still a go? If we want to switch it to Saturday to accomodate Chris thats cool with me, but I wouldnt be able to make it till 3 or 4ish. Which is still cool with me. Just let me know.

If its Sunday...I will probably be making it down there before 9 and doing Tannery at sunrise.

I can't do Saturday because of work. :(
-----
spec
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I can't do Saturday because of work.
Go ahead with Sunday then. No need to go out of the way to accomodate me on this. Like I said, Julie & I make it out to Naples 2 or 3 times a summer anyway. :up:
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

hobkyl wrote:
spec wrote:
hobkyl wrote:If you want to go the rustic route...you can camp in Hi Tor free of charge.

That reminds me, I've heard there's a lean-to a little ways above Angel Falls at Conklin Gully, but haven't sought it out yet. Any truth to this?

Ive never seen it but its possible...I think the Bristol spur of the FLT runs through there.
There is a lean-to along the angel falls tributary. Heres a map of all the trails and lean-to's in the area:
Trail Map

Also, if interested there is a small gully on this map just south of Conklin that can be accessed from the FLX Trail. My hiking friend and I call this Hatch Hill Falls. Its dry come summer but has some nice falls this time of year. I will post some photos in the falls section sometime soon.
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

cbobcat49 wrote:
Go ahead with Sunday then. No need to go out of the way to accomodate me on this. Like I said, Julie & I make it out to Naples 2 or 3 times a summer anyway. :up:
Keep us posted...Jess and I will meet you for a hike sometime.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

I'm still on the fence. I have to get out of trailering horses to a show on Sunday. If I do come, I'll camp at Keuka Lake Saturday night, and can make Conklin at 9.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I can be there saturday... also sunday after 1
Either way I'll make it out there eventually
This is my cell phone (585) 820 6109
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

It's looking like the weather may squash us again. Now they're saying daytime rain clearing overnight. :angry:
-----
spec