Grimes Glen Climb and Explore

A virtual place for planning to get together in the real world. Help plan photography hikes, walks, and meet-ups.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Matt wrote:I think i will take a drive down after the race, regardless of the weather... at the very least i can pick up a grape pie for the lost finale (I have a feeling I'm going to need it).

Excellent! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! 1pm at Grimes it is!! ;)
-----
spec
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

bremer wrote: There is a lean-to along the angel falls tributary. Heres a map of all the trails and lean-to's in the area:
Trail Map

Also, if interested there is a small gully on this map just south of Conklin that can be accessed from the FLX Trail. My hiking friend and I call this Hatch Hill Falls. Its dry come summer but has some nice falls this time of year. I will post some photos in the falls section sometime soon.
Great info, thanks!! I'm glad to know it's there. I'm hoping to spend a night there sometime this summer. I figure I can start one day and get a lot of exploring done in the area, crash for the night on High Tor, then explore a bit more before heading home the next day. Thanks again!
-----
spec
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Yeah my plan is be at the barns about sunrise. Ill hike up Tannery and meet you guys at Conklin by 9 I hope...although only time will tell. Im kinda curious to explore above the 2 tier falls as Bremer pointed out and may do that. If you guys cant make it out that early dont worry about it, I'll either find you in Conklin or we will just meet at Grimes around 1.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Weather is shaping up...The Weather Channel is now saying partly cloudly/chance of rain and 73. :up:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

hobkyl wrote:Weather is shaping up...The Weather Channel is now saying partly cloudly/chance of rain and 73. :up:

Up to 76!!! w00t!!
-----
spec
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

Looks like I need to be Horse Show Dad this weekend. Flighty beasts and stressed-out teenagers instead of waterfalling :angry:
I hope you guys have a safe and productive trip.
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Weather Channel is saying 73 again, and now it's saying there's a chance of rain for the whole day, rather than clearing in the afternoon as it said before. Only a 30% chance tho.

See you at Conklin at 9am, Kyle! Matt, we'll see you at Grimes at 1pm!
-----
spec
hobkyl

See you guys there. I should be there by 9 but if not head on in and Ill catch up.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook