Grimes Glen Climb and Explore

A virtual place for planning to get together in the real world. Help plan photography hikes, walks, and meet-ups.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Waterfall outings for photography will be tough. Since getting good waterfall shots is totally dependent on weather. So when we plan these we should plan on doing some exploring and a bit of picnicking, and not count so much on photos... We could plan on prime waterfalling before sunrise or as it sets to get good lighting too. How does first half of may... perhaps a saturday, sound? I'm hoping to have a decent amount of my equilibrium back by then.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

May 8th is good for me. 1st and 15th are out.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I cant do the 1st or the 29th but am good the other 3 Saturdays. Im game for either early/late day for photos or just a mid day gathering.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

May 8th is the tentative date.
hobkyl

:up:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

ideas for times, car-pooling, food?

I'll be bringing rope, if we find we need it to get above any falls. Maybe this would be a good time to explore the upper reaches of the creek. And first aid kit too.
hobkyl

Did we decide to explore vs. photo ops? Any time is good for me. Not sure if there are grills at parking lot? If so we could do hamburg/hots. Or Subway is down the road.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I vote for an afternoon/evening hike, only because I'd be coming from a longer distance. I also vote for dinner at the Redwood Restaurant. :lick:
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau