Whitewater rafting at Letchworth

A virtual place for planning to get together in the real world. Help plan photography hikes, walks, and meet-ups.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

There's already a topic for this here...
http://www.nyfalls.com/board/viewtopic. ... er+rafting
...but I figured this would be a more appropriate place for this thread.

Every year I organize a whitewater rafting trip to Letchworth State Park the first Saturday in May. (May 1st this year) There's usually 15-20 of us who go. I'd like to invite all active members of the nyfalls.com community as well. Matt came along one year, and survived. :) It’s Class II rapids. (meaning nothing dangerous... but a lot of fun!) The cost is $30 for the trip, and an optional $7 cost for a wetsuit. (no one will think you’re a wuss if you wear a wetsuit.) :) If you’ve never rafted before, everything you need to know is on the Adventure Calls website. www.adventure-calls.com If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

May 1st is my Grandson's birthday so I'm out. I have done it before and I can attest to the fact that it is a lot of fun. I've also used the kayaks there and that too is fun. If you've never done the rapids at Letchworth you really should give it a try. :drown:
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

If I can switch my weekend with my daughter...count me in! I've always wanted to raft!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I can't commit now... some family thing... but I'm not sure of the date. I did do this before and it was a blast.
cbobcat49

Kyle & Matt... are you guys still "maybes" on this or do you know either way yet? Just wondering.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Still a maybe here. Need to confirm something with the family and I may not be able to do that until I get back from my trip.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it I already need to switch around my weekend for Memorial Day and am sure the ex will not be too kind to that. However, is there a cut off date that you need to know by? Maybe I could flop my weekends for that month....maybe.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49

Actually... you could let me know the day before. I'd prefer you didn't wait that long though. The sooner the better. It's easier to plan the sooner I know who's in and who's out. :)