November Outing

A virtual place for planning to get together in the real world. Help plan photography hikes, walks, and meet-ups.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

Yeah the weather is suppose to suck but its too bad we were unable to rally much interest in an outing. Its nice to go shooting with a group of people that love photography because you don't feel like you're imposing on their time or ignoring them. When I go places with friends I'm the one always lagging behind getting the shot and they are the ones always waiting for me to catch up. Then I feel guilty and have to rush the shot and many end up in the delete file.
Going as a group is also a great time to gather tips and ideas to improve your craft, which is very helpful. Seeing how others see some of the same subjects is also very interesting when the shoot is over and the pictures are posted.
Not to be taken as a criticism but, It's a great learning experience and its too bad that more members aren't involved in outings because this is a talented group of people and it would be great to share our talents face to face in the field from time to time,
Any ideas on an outing for the next time we try?
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Bill_K wrote: Its nice to go shooting with a group of people that love photography because you don't feel like you're imposing on their time or ignoring them. When I go places with friends I'm the one always lagging behind getting the shot and they are the ones always waiting for me to catch up. Then I feel guilty and have to rush the shot and many end up in the delete file.
So true. Totally different experience than going out with a non - photo person!! I can't believe the things they will walk right by! (And wonder why YOU stopped to photograph it for 15 minutes!) :shock:

It was a fantastic experience to be there as a group - yet each wandering out on our own to capture what appealed to us....no rushing.

The farther ahead we can plan these outings, the better....and the more positive experiences we share here - hopefully more folks will want to join in. :cross:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I like seeing how others in the group photograph the same objects I do- usually in ways I would never think.

I wen outside briefly this morning... nice an warm, yet too wet for my camera. Damn!

Oh well.
Michaelino
Junior
Junior

Don't know how I missed this...I was actually in the North Gate House that same day from 2PM to 3PM where an exhibit I designed is on display.

http://sites.google.com/site/michaelssh ... edirects=0

The exhibit may still be there in spring...It is one that my wife and I and other neighborhood residents created for the last lilac festival where it was shown in the Highland Park Reservoir lower gatehouse.

Would have been cool to meet you all...have a volunteer project brewing that the NYFALLS group might be interested in...more on that later!