Lehigh Valley Trail Improvements

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Lehigh Valley Trail Improvements Opens Trail to More Users
(Madison County, NY) The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation’s Central Region announced recently that improvements are being made to a roughly 1.5 mile portion of the Lehigh Valley Trail in the town of Lincoln to expand recreation on the popular multi-use trail and link it to Oxbow Falls County Park.

Volunteers from the Tri-Valley Trail Riders snowmobile club and the Central New York Chapter of the North Country Trail Association are to be commended for their dedication and hard work to make the trail useable for multiple outdoor activities.
“Through the dedicated work of volunteers, this public trail will now be more accessible for winter outdoor enthusiasts to snowmobile, snowshoe and cross-country ski while enjoying the area’s scenic beauty,” said Rob Hiltbrand, regional director for State Parks’ Central Region. “We are grateful for the successful stewardship of the CNY Chapter of the North Country Trail Association whose members have helped make these public lands safe and accessible, and the Tri- Valley Trail Riders, who are undertaking these important trail improvements.”
Rest of the story here:
http://www.madisoncountycourier.com/201 ... ore-users/
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

will have to check it out
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I guess opening it up to "multiple use" angered some people because the snowmobile clubs went in and cleared a bunch of land.
http://www.madisoncountycourier.com/201 ... ing-trail/