Article: Perilous time for parks

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

RBJ is covering it too.

Another one:
Also, Stony Brook State Park in Steuben County would be closed to swimmers, and camper recreation programs at multiple unidentified sites in the Rochester region would be eliminated.
That's going to piss off my family... we host parties here
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Yeah, and guess what I got in the mail yesterday? Why, a renewal notice for my empire pass. Well, if they are closing all the parks, no need for that now, is there? sheesh
Yeah... it's a downward spiral anyone familiar with basic economics can comprehend. Less empire pass renewals, less visitation in general = even less revenue = even MORE cuts we'll see in the future. :(
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hit_thetrails
Junior
Junior

GRRRR!
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

I've said from the beginning....they should let that man step off the edge of a high platform.
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Thanks Matt for the email address. I'm emailing Paterson my comments about these stupid closings. There was a big email alert going around called "If your in - your out". Which said anybody in was out after election day, because we cannot get things done with the ones that are in there now. And maybe the new ones being voted in would take this to heart and make some good changes for the people instead of what the current ones are doing for themselves !! These officials are elected in at a high price salary. And when they hve a "cut-back" it's NOT coming out of their pockets JUST the low end workers, that's not fair at all. I think they should be in at a lesser pay scale and then after their first year of service, get voted by the people on a possible pay raise for doing a good job !! Then I think you'd see good changes for all.....
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

This a copy of the Governor recieving my email. I'll let you know if I REALLY get a real answer back in the near future !
Thank you for your email. Feedback from New Yorkers and others is essential to my work as Governor, and it is important to me to know your views and issues of concern. Due to the volume of emails this office receives, it can take some time to provide a personal response to your correspondence. I want to assure you, however, that your email has been received, and will be read and shared with the appropriate members of my staff.

I encourage you to visit my website at http://www.ny.gov/governor/, and please feel free to contact my office again about this matter or any other.

Once again, thank you, and warmest regards.

Sincerely,

Governor David A. Paterson
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

This man has no clue!!

This statement includes a list of parks that are looking to be closed

http://readme.readmedia.com/Statements- ... sh/1166601