handicapped access at watkins glen

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

chrystia
Rookie

i would like to visit watkins glen in two days with my mom and daughters. my mom can do some walking and some stairs, however, too many stairs will be too much. is there a few stairs and a place to put a chair so that she can sit and enjoy as i walk around with the girls?

hurry and reply as the trip is in two days. also the laser show is no more is that correct? thanks! :D :up:
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

There's no place to put a chair along the trail, nor would they likely allow it. The trail is too narrow, and there are a ton of stairs. It sounds as if Taughannock Falls State Park would be better for your mom than Watkins Glen. The trail there is relatively flat, and the hike to the falls only takes about 15 - 20 minutes.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I try to put handicap accessibility information on each profile page... though I should start being more specific. Some places have access, but it is limited. The upper half of the park, sadly without waterfalls, is accessible. and the first waterfall (Sentry Falls) can be seen from the parking lot of the lower portion of the park.