Wild falls near Watkins Glen?

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Mark J
Senior
Senior

I'm breaking in a newbie on New York falls with a weekend in Watkins Glen. We'll do the glen of course, She-Qua-Ga, Aunt Sarah's and Eagle Cliffs. However I'd like to include at least one falls that's truly off the beaten bath... something that's wild and undeveloped, unlike the ones I've just mentioned. I like Lick Brook in Ithaca, Great Gully in Union Springs, and those who've read my posts before know I'm especially into Rattlesnake Gulf in Otisco. But I don't want to travel far from WG since it's a five-hour drive from our Pennsylvania home just to get there. So can anyone suggest an undeveloped falls that's closer to WG? Any tips will be appreciated! Look forward to your responses, or if you have a secret falls, send me a PM!

Mark J
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

You could check out this...
http://www.nyfalls.com/twinfalls.html
...which is in a fairly wild setting. A state forest I think.

Deckertown Falls is nice too although that's right in the village of Montour Falls.

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
skiboarder72
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Nikon D50, 18-200mm VR, 11-16mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, SB-600

I just got back from walkins glen, I didn't stumble on any abandoned waterfalls but I did find some good wine :wine: :bounce:
Mark J
Senior
Senior

Josh, thanks for that tip, I'll raise a glass to you!

However the reason for this reply is to say... YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY IS AMAZING! Your Letchworth shot is phenomenal. I am not a skilled photographer like so many on this site are, but I know good creative work when I see it. Yours is over the top.

Mark