Clark's Reservation

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

I was researching the web for more information about Clark's Reservation. I found an article that contained some information that I knew and a lot more that I didn't know. The link is below, I thought other's would be interested in reading it too !
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyono ... ation.html
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Excellent. This will be helpful for the page i'll be doing this summer. It looks like this lake was formed by the same process as those in Green Lakes State Park: a giant glacial melt waterfall.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Your Welcome ! Just remember not to get lost in any of the caves in Clarks when you go.. Two students from Syracuse University got lost in one for three hours and had to climb out an opening in the cieling of cave. They couldn't find their way back to the beginning. Have fun !
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
kymberli
Rookie

Could you tell me how to get to the caves?
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I used acme mapper to locate Clark's Reservation for picture details. Lookinng at clark's as a satellite image, you will see main parking lot, from there go up to fence over looking lake below, turn left and follow fence around to end, cross over the top of falls (dry), head north to you get to cliff's, then follow cliffs to the left. If you view clarks from "481 south", on shoulder of road, you can see the "painted rock" from there. Take a gps location and then go into clarks and use your gps location to guide you to painted rock. Also check out youtube video "Exploring Clark's Reservation" for some interesting info and a picture of painted rock.
Take care ! Have a nice day !
Marty
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I will be out there in August collecting info for a page on the park. Hopefully I can get accurate GPS coordinates and some insider info on that park and its hidden treasures.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Had some time this spring to visit there, very interesting place, must have been amazing when that waterfall was running. Didn't realize there were caves there, probably not something they really want advertised. Same situation I ran into when making the map for Thacher Park, I had started marking cave locations and was told to leave them off.
LGD
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

went there last weekend. neat to see old riverbed and plunge pools, but the park itself is not that interesting....trails are pretty dull