Whitewater rafting at Letchworth

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

tjconheady
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon Powershot S3

i'm really thinking about going

can you map out the trip on google earth?
TJC

www.conheady.net...a cleaner, less biased, less censored, less-Matted forum
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

My wife an I are 90% on this. We just have to re-arrange our schedule.
Matt
President
President

We are 100% in.
Tim you going to go?

Chris, do you want some money?
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Great! ...and also whoever happens to be reading this is welcome to come.... Tim, Champy, Brenda, Jennifer, etc.... Here's what you need to bring: $30 per person for the trip, a filled out waiver form, which I emailed to you Matt, if anyone else is coming, let me know and I'll email it to you. (it's a 2 page pdf to print and fill out)

Bring your $$$ and waiver forms to the lower falls picnic area by 9:30am sharp on Saturday the 19th and meet at the swimming pool bathhouse. The whole Adventure Calls crew should be there. Try to find me and all take your $$ and waiver form and turn everyone's in all at once. I'm a tall skinny guy and I might be wearing a green EMS jacket. (They'd much rather deal with only the group leader than dozens of people in line trying to pay.) I'm hoping to be there before then so I'll be on the lookout for you.

Again, check out http://www.adventure-calls.com for any other info. What to wear, etc. It's looking like the weather will be great so we should have a lot of fun!

Chris
cbobcat49

Just got back from Letchworth. The water was extremely low but the weather was AWESOME. We got stuck on rocks pretty bad in a few places. We had a great time overall. My friend Kevin got dunked by everyone else in his boat because they got sick of putting up with his splashing people and overall complaining of everyone not paddling hard.

I'll post pictures after I get them developed.

Chris
Matt
President
President

I'm dissapointed I had to cancel at the last minute, but despite the wife saying I could leave her at home sick, I knew I would never hear the end of it.

Looking forward to the photos.
cbobcat49

Here's a few photos from the trip. Sorry about the quality. They're from the crappy disposable waterproof camera they gave me for being a group leader.

me & Julie...

Kevin Murray gettin dunked...

Paddler's Cascade. This is the very end of the Wolf Creek series of falls. The roll was about to end which probably caused the orange hue on the right. The indentation on the left side of the falls near where the people are standing has a plunge pool that was over people's heads when they jumped in.

Wolf Creek flowing into the Genesee... This is a 90 degree turn to the left from the last photo.
cbobcat49

I found this video of a guy kayaking out of Wolf Creek from the falls to the Genesee river.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9zGGyOY2Q5k& ... ed&search=