Moody Trail - Ontario County

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

After many years of waiting, the three bridges needed to open the 1.1-mile Moody Trail in the Ontario County Town of Gorham are now complete. Robert Moody had donated the former Lehigh Valley Railroad corridor to the town but the deteriorated timber bridges prevented residents from using it. Thanks to many sources of help, including grants from the Environmental Protection Fund and Coca-Cola Corporation, pro bono engineering and design services, donated steel beams from the county highway department, volunteer labor from residents and community college students, and technical assistance from Parks & Trails New York through the Healthy Trails, Healthy People program, the town was able to get the corridor cleared and the bridges built. Already residents of the town and the Village of Rushville are enjoying the trail. A formal opening will take place in spring 2009 after the town highway crew applies a stone dust surface.
http://newyorkoutdoors.wordpress.com/20 ... io-county/
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

thanks for the info
is this part of the Finger Lake Trail system or the cost to cost?
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

It doesn't appear to be part of the FLT. I think it's just a "stand alone" trail in the Town of Gorham.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

Ok thanks
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview