Toll Road State Park in TROUBLE!

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

ShanaD

I saw this on the news last night, they want to build a Sr. Living facility in the village near where I grew up, I wish that they could find some where else to build.

"The Village of North Syracuse is proposing a 9 million dollar senior citizen housing project to be built smack in the middle of toll road park off route eleven. The 60 unit housing project would be built in Toll Road State Park. it would include a new park area connected to a network of village nature walks and would preserve some of the vintage buildings in the park. Village Mayor John Heindorf says the State would have to approve the project since its in a state park. He says there is a need for more senior housing in the village. There is some opposition to it from neighbors who would like the park to stay as it is."

So..Do you think the state will aprove the project?
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Can they do that? I was always under the impression that state parks were off limits to private development.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

is it a state park or a county park?
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

I hope they don't. We have so few state parks as it is. I have never felt that any park be destroyed. The more trees that survive the better for an already bad ozone layer.