Your best purchase of 2013?

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I always like to hear what investments people made in the last year, that changed their life, or paid of in spades.

As much as I would expect my fancy new camera/lens was my best purchase, i haven't really used it.

What I do use, pretty much every day now, is the Aeropress.

I used to use a keurig for coffee but those machines last about a year before they break, the k-cups are too small , and too expensive, and the coffee is... so-so.

My french press is awesome, but leave coffee a bit grainy, sometimes bitter, and i can't use fine grinds.

Pop Sci said the Aeropress was THE BEST Coffee maker. It was less than 30 bucks. Looks like it's one of the "As seen on TV" products. Works like a french press with a filter.
It's perfectly design... ingenious. I love it. I use it every day. Coffee comes out with full flavor, never bitter, and super strong. It actually comes out as espresso and you dilute it to a regular cup of joe. I'm not sure of the science behind it, but the process this uses, just makes the best coffee. Cleanup is basically ejecting the disc of grounds, and rinsing.
I bought a backup in case it breaks, but I doubt it will happen.

Anyways... my best purchase this year. super happy and hope this company keeps innovating.

[BBvideo 700,419]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWhmk4z-7qU[/BBvideo]

runner up: my $300 kayak from Dicks. I forget the brand. But even a cheap kayak is a blast.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

My best purchase was this composter. I'm thinking of getting a second one. It solves the problem of having to go out and trudge through the snow to take kitchen scraps and such out to the regular compost pile in the winter. It's actually attractive enough to keep hidden behind a potted evergreen on the front porch. Probably the best portable one out there! Plus it was free 2 day shipping! Perfect!

[amazon=B004FVEDAI]Envirocycle Original Composter[/amazon]

I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

It looks kind of cool.