A Photographer's Dream Vacation?

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

There are probably other packages like this...but when I saw this link on another photography forum, my heart skipped a beat!
I would LOVE to take this trip in October....BALI!

http://www.balifornian.com/bali-photogr ... -intensiv/

My husband would never do it with me but if I could find a travel partner, I would consider it...not sure I'm adventurous enough to do this kind of trip on my own.

Anyone know of similar photo tour vacations that are organized like this?

:) mikell
Mikell
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I would love to go to Bali.
Not sure if I'm the type to tolerate a tour though. Especially with a bunch of photographers.
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

I don't usually like organized tours either Matt. I guess because the location is so exotic and unfamiliar to me, I like the idea of a guide...and it's Bali! I think I could ignore the other photographers and get immersed in the environment. Most tours don't appeal to me because I could see myself wanting to stop often and take photos of out of the way places...and not be herded like cattle to see the "attractions"....but I think something organized with photography as its main focus could be cool.

I'm going to have to do a search to see what other opportunities there are along these lines...
Mikell
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I'm not sure if I would trust a photography tour unless they have been doing it for a long time. I'd much rather trust a reputable tour agency that has been in business for a while and does several tours a season.

http://www.geoex.com/
is THE BEST but you pay quite a bit. Small groups. Usually run by photographers, but not all for photographers. But they definitely organize amazing tours. Get their catalog for some amazing photography.
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

OK...Now I want to go to India and Mongolia too! ;)

...think I need to save my pennies for a few more years though!
Mikell
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I definitely wouldn't be comfortable on a commercial tour with lots of photographers. I prefer to plan my own journey and travel with just a trusted friend or two - and they must understand and be supportive of my need to photograph. I'm lucky to be doing just this in September.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Where are you going?

I agree about taking trips with a friend or two and not a group...but some of these organized photo trips sound like they wouldn't be like most group/tour travel and if I didn't have a friend to travel with, it might make it easier to join a group.
Mikell
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Mikell wrote:Where are you going?
Bali!

[spoiler]Kidding. Europe. 8 mini dedtinations, and traveling from one to the next on a mini horse....errr....big train. No London. No Paris.[/spoiler]
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic