2 weeks of buying only local

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

That would be second tier purchase... It wouldn't be ideal but it wouldn't hurt.
The overall goal would be to divert more money into local businesses and away from businesses outside of our region.
Since the coffee roasters would be roasting, distributing and reselling their product locally, that's good enough. We can't grow coffee here so there's nothing that can be done.
Same with Gas... buying local would be the choice of using American refining (certain Kwik-fills) over international or mixed refining.

For me, my big change will be some of my specialty foods that I order from Amazon. I can buy local, but not as cheap. I get all my drugstore stuff at Walgreens, so I'm thinking of switching to a local Pharmacy. Also at the produce section... Wegmans makes this easy because they either label, or i can ask and they certainly would know. Seems home-grown produce is going to certainly worth using... should be fresher.

Anyway... everyone's complaining about jobs and the economy in upstate. It's time to be a part of the solution.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I started this yesterday... just buying local whenever I can, only eating at local chains, not buying over the internet, American refineries.

My priority is this: Locally produced, state produced, region produced, made in the USA.
With an option to buy something made or containing parts from outside, as long as I buy it locally (no internet).

I haven't really had the need to buy anything so we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully Olympus doesn't release a new camera in the next 2 weeks.