Weird news

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

What might be a good scent for U.S. bills? Maybe pizza? Apple pie? Bacon?
A politician's palm
:rimshot:
Kelly
Editor
Editor

JC Penney's 'Hitler Tea Kettle' Sold Out in Hours Because This Is the Internet
That's one way to move merchandise.
DEREK THOMPSONMAY 29 2013, 8:54 AM ET

You know who else used illusions to sell things?

I'm just kidding. JC Penney isn't anything like Hitler. But its Michael Graves Stainless Steel Tea Kettle is. The fact that its profile looks eerily like the Fuhrer's mien caused a stir online Tuesday, forcing the company to deny that it had any intention of introducing dictator silhouettes to its small appliances line.

Here is your Hitler kettle, glimpsed from a California billboard.*

JC Penney's 'Hitler Tea Kettle' Sold Out in Hours Because This Is the Internet

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic
Kelly
Editor
Editor

Plane flew seven flights with dead man in wheel well

June 11, 2013

AN iFLY jet took SEVEN flights before maintenance workers finally noticed there was a dead stowaway in the wheel well.
The iFly Airbus A330-300 had completed a flight from Rimini, Italy to Moscow, Russia when maintenance workers noticed blood stains on the main landing gear struts. After a complete inspection of the wheel well they found the remains of a male carrying a Georgia passport.

According to the Aviation Herald, autopsy results on June 6 revealed the man had frozen to death.

Investigations are underway to determine where the man might have got onto the aircraft.

"According to a preliminary conclusion, the Afro-American man died from freezing. The man was apparently flying without a ticket," the Investigative Committee said on its website.

While it may seem impossible to most people that maintenance workers would not see a dead man, industry experts have fiercely debated the case on internet forums.

On KeyPublishing’s forum Harrie Spotter said: "Something like this is next to impossible to see on a pre-flight runaround. Remember that the landing gear doors are closed when on the ground. If there is not a clear trickle of blood or guts running past the landing gear strut you would not be able to see it."

Others were not so sympathetic.

Enjoy the sky wrote: "I cannot believe that no one would have had those doors open at any time during those seven rotations. I spent 25 years in aviation, ten of which was in the post of Traffic Officer, so spent a lot of time on the ramp. Our based aircraft would be given the 'once over' by line maintenance personnel once a day, more than once if the crew demanded it, and always, when the aircraft was on a 'night stop' this included the opening of the wheel well doors, amongst a lot of other things. Sorry to disagree with you, but someone should have seen this, no question."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/plan ... z2W3Izf57l

Plane flew seven flights with dead man in wheel well

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic
Kelly
Editor
Editor

Post office evacuated after 'KY Intense Arousal gel' leaked from a package and spread to more than 12 others causing alarm

Authorities came prepared with orange chemical suits and all.
But the suspicious substance that prompted the evacuation of a northeastern Alabama post office last week turned out to be KY Intense Arousal gel, U.S. Postal Service officials say.
Officials at the local post office in Guntersville, Alabama, say the gel leaked from a package and had spread to between 12 and 15 others Thursday morning.

The discovery sent the office’s staff into a complete frenzy as the gel leak was initially characterized as a chemical spill.
Two post office workers were hospitalized as a precaution after they came into contact with the gel and were not injured, according to local NBC news affiliate WAFF.
Officials now say the gel is made with non-hazardous chemicals that are intended to intensify sensation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2Z922dSc7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic
Matt
President
President

Matt
President
President

Paralyzed man wakes up to find his dog eating his testicle
The 39-year-old, who has no feeling from the waist down, was rushed to hospital after he found his pet pooch snacking on something chewy.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2b7Mw40mR

:fear:
Kelly
Editor
Editor

Chinese zoo under fire for disguising hairy dog as lion

This is just a file photo used in the article, which makes the whole thing all the more weird.
A Chinese zoo's supposed ‘African lion’ was exposed as a fraud when the dog used as a substitute started barking.

The zoo in the People's Park of Luohe, in the central province of Henan, replaced exotic exhibits with common species, according to the state-run Beijing Youth Daily.

It quoted a customer surnamed Liu who wanted to show her son the different sounds animals made – but he pointed out that the animal in the cage labelled ‘African lion’ was barking.

The beast was in fact a Tibetan mastiff – a large and long-haired breed of dog.

"The zoo is absolutely cheating us," the paper quoted Liu, who was charged 15 yuan ($2.45) for the ticket, as saying.

"They are trying to disguise the dogs as lions."

Three other species housed incorrectly included two coypu rodents in a snake's cage, a white fox in a leopard's den, and another dog in a wolf pen.

The chief of the park's animal department, Liu Suya, told the paper that while it does have a lion, it had been taken to a breeding facility and the dog – which belonged to an employee – had been temporarily housed in the zoo over safety concerns.

Users of China's Twitter-like Sina Weibo service mocked the zoo.

"This is not funny at all. It's sad for both the zoo and the animals," said one.

"They should at least use a husky to pretend to be a wolf," said another.
YouTube video at this zoo - WARNING - Animal Cruelty :cry:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_WfGgOkU4[/spoiler]

http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/2013/0 ... og-as-lion

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic