46ers

Adirondack region communities, politics, news, events, happenings.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, backpacker

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

The number of 46ers is increasing over the years...
http://www.timesunion.com/default/artic ... 361263.php
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

And I will join them eventually*

*once those escalators are installed
cbobcat49

*once those escalators are installed
:lol:

Same here. I've got 4 down, 42 to go.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Same here Chris
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

OK, If you come out here and spend the weekend, (Arrive friday night leave sunday night)
and if you do this lets say 6 out of 12 months you should be able to get 3 to 5 peaks a trip thus to complete all 46 it would take about 9 to 15 trips :)
Now I'm an old man I was 42 when I decided to do them and 48 when I finished, all of you are younger than me so lets get going!!
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
cbobcat49

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I wish I could, but its unpossible with my work (no vacation). My friend did all 46 in a year and a half, and did another half of them in winter. Now thats impressive!

When I decided to set out on a journey to become a 46er I knew it would take about 10 years. Ive already got 4, so I need to step it up to 5 a year. :D
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

hobkyl wrote: My friend did all 46 in a year and a half, and did another half of them in winter. Now thats impressive!

When I decided to set out on a journey to become a 46er I knew it would take about 10 years. Ive already got 4, so I need to step it up to 5 a year. :D
Impressive indeed,

Time is of no essence
what matters is you enjoyed all aspects of the trips and the people you were with, as in nature good things come with time and age.
It took me 6 years could I have done them quicker “most defiantly” but three of us started and decided we would not do any new peaks without the others. One guy runs his own business thus getting dates we all could do was tough, so he bowed out. Mark and stuck it out and did them all together with many friends joining us on some.
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview