Wedge Brook Falls

Adirondack region communities, politics, news, events, happenings.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly, backpacker

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

This was the first falls we encountered on our 7.5 mile hike up the Ausable River from St. Huberts. It's on a tributary stream flowing into the Ausable from the northwest. It probably got it's name because the crack in the rock that the falls spills through looks as though it was split by a giant wedge. This one is about 30 feet high. Julie got some excellent shots of this one that I'll get her to post. :) :poke:

this was a nice cascade on the river near here. The trail along here was possibly about 100 feet above the river which was churning and roaring! In some places it was straight down with nothing to break your fall if you slipped. :shock:

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Thanks for posting this Chris, you're definitley helping to fill in some gaps here.
cbobcat49

No problem. Got a few more falls coming.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hit_thetrails
Junior
Junior

Nah, I don't think my falls pics are any better than what he's already posted.
cbobcat49

Not true. The one with the bridge in the foreground had a very nice reflection in the water. She'll post it. :)
hit_thetrails
Junior
Junior

cbobcat49 wrote:Not true. The one with the bridge in the foreground had a very nice reflection in the water. She'll post it. :)
Ok, you twisted my arm. But I had to crop out so much of it to get it under the size limit, so it's not impressive in the slightest...
Attachments
wedgebrook.jpg
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

that's pretty good. How big is that falls. It looks small, but I know in that region looks are deceiving.
cbobcat49

about 30 feet high.