Webster Jazz Festival

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

I usually spend summer weekends at our place on Sodus Bay...so I miss all the local city and town festivals most summers. We couldn't go to Sodus this past weekend, so we ended up taking in the Webster Jazz Festival - a pretty awesome event for the burbs. As much as I enjoyed the music, food and general ambiance - I really love the opportunity to do some people watching and take candid shots in the crowd. When I started processing these photos, I found that a black and white treatment seemed ideal for the subject so I did them all like that - something I don't do very often. Here are some of my favourites:

Mikell
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Oh wow... looks like a blast. Nice choice with the black and white for the series. It works well.
My favorite is the 3rd one down, sax and bass. I don't know why, it just looks great.
JPaige
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Great pics but that guy in the second pic just likes to toot his own horn.

Looks like it was a very fun event. So what lens were you using?
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Thanks Matt & Joel. Yes...it was a pretty great event for Webster and I'm glad we went. Great food from Webster restaurants too...discovered some new eateries!

I only had my telephoto lens with me... 55-250mm. I thought I'd brought my kit lens 18-55mm lens ...but forgot it...so I was limited to the one lens. However, the zoom really is my favourite lens when I'm at events like this outside. You can get some good candid shots of people without getting in their face (so to speak). :) ...just no wide angle shots...but I love to zoom into individual people or groups from afar...I'm always scanning crowds for the interesting ones. This is the kind of photography I really love the best.
Mikell