Sunshine State Dreams

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

I've been a little busy in the past couple of months and haven't contributed much...so I'll catch up a bit with a few pictures from a recent trip to Dunedin, Florida ...
We just bought a house there and had to make a couple of short trips to inspect and close the deal last month. We've been vacationing there for several years and plan to retire there as soon as possible...maybe in a year or two.

It's a beautiful little town on the Gulf coast ...going to just keep looking at all the photos I took and keep dreaming of making it our home...for awhile longer...

These shots are from the marina and adjacent park/shoreline.

Mikell
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Mikell wrote:I've been a little busy in the past couple of months and haven't contributed much...so I'll catch up a bit with a few pictures from a recent trip to Dunedin, Florida ...
We just bought a house there and had to make a couple of short trips to inspect and close the deal last month. We've been vacationing there for several years and plan to retire there as soon as possible...maybe in a year or two.

It's a beautiful little town on the Gulf coast ...going to just keep looking at all the photos I took and keep dreaming of making it our home...for awhile longer...

These shots are from the marina and adjacent park/shoreline.
I am so envious! My ex and I used to keep our boat at that marina. As I've mentioned before, I have great affection for Dunedin. Congrats on your purchase, Mikell! Did you buy on the water?
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Brenda...I knew you'd approve of the photos. :)

We bought a house on Lake Rhonda...which is really just one of those small ponds that dot the neighbourhoods in town. There are about 35 homes around the lake and it's very private and pretty...full of waterfowl. We've seen Osprey, Herons, Egrets, Storks, Cormorants, Mallards and Gallinules...plus turtles and fish....lots to take photos of! It's only a few minutes from the Gulf...about a mile...and minutes from the Pinellas Trail and downtown Dunedin too. ...a great location. The house has a caged in-ground pool too...so that is going to be wonderful! We've got it up for rent right now...need to find some good tenants to enjoy and care for it until we can move. :)
Mikell
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Really liking the gray bird (heron?) in the rocks.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Beautiful photos Mikell! :up: Are there any gators in the pond as well?
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

That's a Little Blue Heron...lots of them around and they are not so shy...easy to take pictures of from just a few feet away.

We haven't seen any alligators yet and neighbors don't seem to think there are any ...but everyone keeps warning us to keep an eye out for them....they show up in ponds everywhere.....can't wait to take my first picture of one....from a safe distance. ;)
Mikell
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Yes, pretty much anywhere there's fresh water you have to keep your eyes open for gators...and snakes. Your neighborhood sounds lovely, Mikell. It always amused me how they referred to ponds as lakes down there.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Excellent captures! makes me want to move out of NY