A call for desktop wallpaper

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

The new NYFalls design (coming in 2013) will have a revamped desktop wallpaper section for HD monitors and TVs.
I have my favorite scenes made into wallpapers, but why should I hog all the glory? If you have an amazing scene you want people around the world to admire on their desktops, submit them to me.

Pics must be greater than 1920 x 1080 ( will resize to fit) and have good detail, composition (for wide monitors), color (nothing too wacky), sharp, well-exposed.

New York scenes only. Just provide the image and a few details about it, your name as you want to be credited, and a title.
Your photo will be marked with Your Name and Location, as well as have NYFalls on the bottom.
You still own the copyright, but people will be allowed to share the wallpaper as wallpaper only.

TIPS for selecting desktops
--No HDR (too much detail is too confusing)
--Simplicity rules
--Wiiiiide screen compostion
--Think of where the start menu, task bar, and My Computer icons typically sit.
--Is it amazing enough people would want to see it every day?
-- the image you send to me, don't compress it too much. For wallpaper, I will output it highly compressed, not only to make the download easier, but it discourages misuse.

Email it to me. [email protected]
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Matt: What a great idea for members to get in on! What is HDR? I'll try and look it up on Google too. Sent you one from yesterday. Your website is got to be the BEST Waterfalls online and world wide, that people can view & read about articles.
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

HDR is a technique of using multiple photos to bring out more detail in tone. It's an interesting form of photography art (that even I utilize for nature pics) but can be overused and abused. For desktop backgrounds we don't want to hide the user's icons in a confusing mix of detail, so HDR is rarely used for it.

Thanks, Marty. That pic is great and I added it to the collection.

We are up to 40 pics spread about the following categories.
Finger Lakes
Flowers
Lake Ontario
Lakes
Misc.
Nature
Niagara Falls
Rochester
Urban
Waterfalls
Watkins Glen
Wildlife