Stormy Day on Lake Ontario

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Last Saturday we debated about going to our place on Sodus Bay because the weather forecast wasn't great...but we haven't missed a single weekend all summer so we went...and I'm really glad we did.
It was the best day for taking pictures...if you love the fury of nature.
Had to stay inside and just watch out the windows for awhile...but once the rain stopped...the wind, waves and wildness of the rest of the day was awesome....including a beautiful rainbow over the bay...and a great red sky after sunset.
Here are a few of the pictures I took...

Mikell
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

And here is what the next day - Sunday - was like....took a few shots from our boat in the morning, as we headed to the point for breakfast.

Mikell
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Wowzers these are amazing photos Mikell, superb all the way! Some of the best cloud/storm/water photos I've ever seen :up: :up:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Thanks Kyle. It was an outstanding weekend to take pictures...I really wanted to capture some of its awesomeness. :)
I spent the whole time just sky gazing...amazing cloud formations...and I love the big sky out there even without storms.
And the wind was whipping the lake up pretty good too ...the sound of crashing waves and wind was present all weekend.
I kept saying "wow"...between pictures.
Mikell
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Hey look at these. NICEEEEEEE!
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Love the look of that front coming in. Very intimidating!