Stalking Butterflies, Bees and Bugs

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Mikell
Board Expert
Board Expert

Wow...really nice shots...especially love the first butterfly...but the one with motion is very cool too. :)
Mikell
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Beautiful!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Great collection. Yes Mikell I found the same thing. Dragonflys are very territorial in a pond setting. You can watch for a few moments, and then get closer, with at minimum a photo stick and wait. Using Al Servo and multi shot and long lens. I found i have got to take a bunch of shots.

But that's what is fun about bugs and birds. One morning i saw a family of loons on our lake, so so so rare. Mom and babes up close, Dad doing radar 200 yards out. Got up the next morning at 5:00AM to wait and hour and half for nothing. So if I ever do get that shot one year. I will certainly value it that much more.