Concerts

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

gardengirl13
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: OMD-EM5

I know a guy who gets paid to do this for the venue. Maybe you could look into that. You get in free, get a small fee and the venue gets some photos. Or maybe see about shooting for a local paper's music section.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I'm happy to do it for my own portfolio. CMAC allows photography majors in to work on their portfolios...so I don't think they'd be keen on paying someone. I haven't had any luck with other venues. Either too difficult to find who to contact or they don't return my emails and phone calls. It's just fun to get the shots I get and be that close to the performers.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Ed Robertson~BNL by hobkyl, on Flickr
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Well done; I would have liked to see that concert.
hobkyl

It was a really good show...$12 you couldn't go wrong.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

I got my first opportunity to get out and capture some music at CMAC this year at the Last Summer on Earth tour last weekend. It featured Cracker, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Blue's Traveler and was headlined by Bare Naked Ladies. A great show all and all.

I rented a lens for this show, and while I was happy with the snappiness of the lens, I know for next time I need to rent something a little longer. Close ups were few and far between, limited to only when the musician came towards the front of the stage. And forget trying to capture the drummer. The Pentax 70-200 2.8 was what I had my eye on, however it was already rented out for that weekend.

Ed Robertson by Kyle Hobart, on Flickr

Jim Creeggan by Kyle Hobart, on Flickr

Todd Park Mohr by Kyle Hobart, on Flickr

The rest of the set here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hobkyl/set ... 520978722/
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Stellar shots, Kyle!! Really, really, really!
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Great shots, Kyle.
Colors are phenomenal!