December Photo Challenge: Winterscapes

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Congrats Michael! Beautiful shot :)
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Excellent choice. Congrats, Michaelino!! :up: :up:
Michaelino
Junior
Junior

Thanks everyone...winning anything amidst this company is quite an honor all by itself. The magazine will be a nice treat as I was raised in the Bristol Hills, right between two of the Finger Lakes.

I did like the way this panorama turned out, the shadows , especially of the "weeping" tree to right, I thought were an interesting counterpoint to the hints of a festive welcome coming from inside the Conservatory Dome. Unfortunately, last night was the last evening for Lamberton to be opened until next December. NYFalls Holiday outing there next December? I think they should consider evening hours at least once a month as I had great fun enjoying and shooting the interior for 1 1/2 hours. I have yet to make the time to construct some of the inside panos I gathered shots for...nothing new, I have years of stuff to process. But this exterior view just couldn't wait.
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Michaelino wrote:Thanks everyone...winning anything amidst this company is quite an honor all by itself. The magazine will be a nice treat as I was raised in the Bristol Hills, right between two of the Finger Lakes.
You'll really enjoy the magazine Michael. They are truly a class act. It's the only publication that I advertise in, and I keep at least a current issue (back ones too, when they aren't taken by guests) in each cabin.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

This is a great shot and my favorite also. Congrats on a well deserved win. :up:
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
sdebruycker
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Canon power shot SX100 IS

Congratulations Mike!
Beautiful photo.
Sandi
Sandi DeBruycker