Split Rock Falls at Sunset

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Great pics!

Matt must be waiting for access to ok slip falls to open.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Thank you Kyle. I think OK Slip should be open now. They said at the end of summer.

For Matt, I would recommend the Lake Placid area, but I haven't been to any other section of the ADKs. What I think is nice is the tall mountains, the lakes, the concentration of waterfalls, and great food too. I am interested in going to OK Slip for sure. Also, I wouldn't mind running into a Moose like Kyle did.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

We checked the access road to OK Slip over Labor Day weekend and the gate was locked and had a stern warning sign on it about the area being monitored, but I don't see how they'd have any type of video monitoring there, there's no power or data lines that I recall. The sign was still a Nature Conservancy one, so it may not apply anymore, but the large padlocks on the gate sure gave a firm message. There is a way into the area by hiking about 4 miles each way (8 mile round trip) past Wortleberry pond, through some swampy areas and then onto the Northern Frontier lands, which we may try in a couple weeks if the weather looks good and our ambition stays with us.
LGD