Bridge Cameras

Discuss everything including the optimal equipment, seasons, techniques and tips for capturing excellent photos.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Recently my little camera I carry around with me at work, died. So I bought a "Cannon SX280 HS". It has some drawbacks: If you don't shut off "flash" every time you turn it on the flash pops up. There isn't much camera to hold on to, so my left fingers were always in the way of flash and several times I almost dropped it. The dial on back for shooting modes is right above a raised "record" button for videos. I can't count the number of times I shot videos of my knees! I returned it to store. I found a "Samsung WB350F" camera. This is now the one I carry at work. One of the best features on this "smart" camera is: "Manual" mode, While setting the aperture and shutter speed, the viewfinder shows you exactly what your photo will look like. I'm less likely to get washed out photos and the range of F stops and shutter speeds are very similar to my Nikon P510. So taking this one along on shoots, I'll be able to use the same results on my nikon.
Have a very nice "Mother's day" weekend !
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Sounds like a cool camera. With the manual mode, you should be able to get some silky waterfalls if you can manage to get a ND filter attached.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Still trying to get use to using Samsung camera, I found a filter on it that is exactly for waterfalls only! And states to use a tripod in this mode. After taking some photos with this app and in manual mode. I will post some results.
I took the camera out and tried the "waterfalls" filter, 1000s, F8.0, ISO 100, 0.00 EV. Unusable photos during mid hours. I tried some photos in aperture mode, here are the results:
SAM_0039 sml.JPG
SAM_0039 sml.JPG (125.27 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
SAM_0041 sml.JPG
SAM_0041 sml.JPG (122.09 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
SAM_0042 sml.JPG
SAM_0042 sml.JPG (122.62 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
Comments welcome!
Marty
Last edited by pgflyer1 on Sun May 18, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Marty, you did a great job with the exposure on the snow pictures. The hue is great too! I agree with Kelly that the cropped images leave you wondering what is below. I like the last image with the snow mound. It is difficult trying to determine a good crop. Later I look back at many of my photos and think I should have cropped them differently.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

I agree with you. I cropped it to make it look like a winter scene, not from a park area. I guess I'll go back to http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/ and look at when to crop better for future photos.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Here is my "carry along camera", that I take with me at work and on weekends to check some of my shots with Nikon P510.
MPC 0070 sml.JPG
MPC 0070 sml.JPG (199.69 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
MPC 0071 sml.JPG
MPC 0071 sml.JPG (194.48 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
Samsung WB350F smart camera, 52 mm Carry Speed adapter ring, Vari-ND filter, CPL filter.

Comments welcome!
Marty