Nest?

Talk about sightings and get help identifying Plants, Animals, Fish, and Fungi. Share pictures and video.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Does anyone know if this is a nest of sorts? I saw dozens of these hanging over the Canandaigua Outlet.

Nest? by hobkyl, on Flickr
Last edited by Kelly on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved to identification topic
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Oops thanks Kelly I'm guessing for moving this.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

i have no idea... what is it made out of? leaves?
hobkyl

Some kind of grass. They were hanging from just about every other tree for a good mile or 2.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Eddiebauer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Canon 7d Canon Rebel xti

It looks to me like just debris caught from the high water levels that may have existed during the spring. I work for a hydro electric company and this year was an extremely dirty river year, lots of debris.
hobkyl

That's kinda what I was thinking but they had somewhat of a conical shape to them so was just wondering.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook