Warsaw Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate it!

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
No votes
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
17%
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip.
50%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
33%

Total votes: 6
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

It's all a matter of being responsible about it. As a distributer of this information, I choose to provide accurate information in hopes of not getting reader into trouble and to be respectful to landowners.
I also would not like to highly publicize somebody's land if they are kind enough to let a few people enjoy it- as it could put an end to it for all of us.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Taken on Sunday...

Matt, did you climb up the cliff on the right side of the falls to get those tunnel shots in the profile? I saw some kids climbing up there. It looked dangerous to me. :shock: Julie tried it but got only about 1/4 of the way up.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I never would have thought that would be climbable. I walked the long way around from the back of the park... without going into the creek. It was about a 30 minute hike.
cbobcat49

It definitely didn't look climbable for 30-somethings like you or me. :) These kids were like 14 or 15.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
nikonlover
Rookie

Was there on Sunday man what a great place to go! I went with 3 more people and got what we thought was half way to the falls from the creek trail which consists of many creek crossings and almost unpassable sides. Is there a upper trail? thanks for any information on this wonderful water falls.
cbobcat49

I've always creekwalked to get to the falls. I've gone as early and mid-April and by then the water level is low enough to hike the creek. You may be able to see the top of the falls if you hike along the railroad tracks from route 20A south or from Liberty St. north.

Chris
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Didnt see your posts from last year Matt and Chris. I was able to climb the right side of the falls fairly easily and I'm going on 33. :shrug: There is an upper trail, if you park at the park off of Liberty Street...head up the hill follow the mowed grass thats a car's width up into the woods. I believe there are 2 trails that break off from here. The first goes into the creek, and the other heads up the hill through the woods. Its a well maintained trail that I believe is used for horseback riding or 4-wheeling. This will take you to the tracks, and a small trail should lead you back to the falls.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

This is the trail up near the falls.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook