Zoar Valley

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

No, I didn't. I was interested in the Zoar Valley trip and Secret Places of Wyoming County trip but something came up each day.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Frank Broughton
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Fuji Fine Pix s602z (advanced way beyond its time)

We will have to get to one next year for sure - what say ye?
Frank Broughton
Frank Broughton Times - My adventures, scenic photography, opinion, tech tips & more
Zoar Valley - All About Zoar Valley - A Western New York Gem
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I'm up for it
Spring outing anyone?
Frank Broughton
Junior
Junior

Spring would be a good time to catch some water flowing on the many falls in the area.
Frank Broughton
Frank Broughton Times - My adventures, scenic photography, opinion, tech tips & more
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I'd love to go back there.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I'm up for it. It should probably be late spring. (late May/early June) to let the water level drop off a bit. There's a lot of creekwalking involved there.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Frank Broughton
Junior
Junior

Chris, shall we add the word difficult before the word creekwalking in your post? Like you said depends on water level - but water level determines how nice the falls look too. It is a catch 22. Too high and the creek crossing is very tough but the falls are awesome. Too low and the falls are almost dry.

The storm in August changed the creek some! Piles of new stones at the confluence.
Frank Broughton
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

How many falls are accesible? I went late last summer, and only saw where 2 would have been should there have been water in them. Even then there was 2 branches that we couldnt cross or walk in.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook