Frozen Falls of 2015

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Anyone have any photos of the Frozen falls this year? I bet they would make some good photos with all of the cold we have had. Too bad I do not have any photos to start this thread, but I would love to see any of the member photos.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I'm hoping to head to Canada and visit some frozen falls along the Niagara Escarpment within the next few weeks or month. (all along the escarpment between Niagara Falls and Hamilton) I'll definitely post pics if I go.

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
cbobcat49

As promised. Frozen falls from yesterday! :)

Devil's Punchbowl Falls near Hamilton... with ice climbers!

Felker's Falls also near Hamilton. The only good view of this falls is from the bottom of the gorge... which there wasn't really a safe way to do yesterday.

Albion Falls - Hamilton

Tiffany's Falls near Ancaster, Ontario. There was a group of about 30 ice climbers here. I could have stayed and watched them all day. I Need to try this some time!

Sherman falls near Ancaster. This falls is only about a half mile away and the creek is of a similar size but still had water flowing. Weird.

Tews Falls near Dundas, Ontario. This is the tallest falls in the Hamilton area at 134 feet high.

Borer's Falls. Amazingly no ice climbers here. The conditions looked perfect. Actually, come to think of it I don't think there's an easy way to the base of it.

Last edited by cbobcat49 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Looking forward to seeing them. For some reason they are not showing on my phone.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Not showing up on my PC either, Chris. I went in to see if I could help you out by editing the image links, but I'm not familiar at all with how flickr image links work. Can you try again?
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
cbobcat49

hmmmm... I thought it was just my browser being goofy and it would refresh. I used to just paste the flickr url and then put the img tag around it.
Last edited by cbobcat49 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cbobcat49

ok.... flickr changed how they handle photo sharing and didn't tell anyone. I'll fix all those on my lunch break.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

:up:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic