Bacon Hill Rd Falls, Spafford NY

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

I stopped here today with a friend. The property on falls side of road is heavily posted. The creek flows out of a culvert and down a natural falls below. I estimate it's about 60 feet to bottom, maybe more. If you get permission to get in here to take pictures. You will need to rappel down and back out. If you are driving from south end of this road, there a small space for parking on right side at this location. There is a new guardrail above falls you could attach a rope too. Location: N 42 48' 44" W 76 17' 4" .
BHF0015 HD sml.JPG
BHF0015 HD sml.JPG (203.55 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Comments welcome!
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Another great find!
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

I stopped at this one yesterday. They filled in the falls ! Now it's only about 15 feet down from culvert, depressing that someone would do this. I did find another one on this at the south end. "Barber creek" crosses under the road. I followed it down stream and found this one. Too steep for me to climb down and ground was pretty wet too. I guess it's around 100 feet total height? Took a photo from ridge and from top of falls. I came out at a different location in woods and found it posted land.
BHR0278 HD sml.JPG
BHR0278 HD sml.JPG (280.41 KiB) Viewed 954 times
BHR0283 HD sml.JPG
BHR0283 HD sml.JPG (270.93 KiB) Viewed 954 times
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban