Waterfalls on Tenant Creek, Adirondacks

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

trinitrotoluene
Rookie

This one's on the main page, but there doesn't seem to be any information for it. I visited this waterfall about 4 years ago on a family trip; we found it kind of by chance. Pretty off the beaten track in some respects... I am pretty sure the nearest town is Northville, the turn-off is Hope Falls Road and one of the highways you take to get from the former to the latter is the 7, but apart from that I'm not really sure how to get there.

I doubt the main waterfall is 50 feet high as listed, 25-30 feet seems more accurate, but it's a gentle sloping cascade so I could have been the victim of foreshortening.

Upper waterfall #1 is about a mile further up the trail. I doubt it's more than 8-10 feet. This is the only part of it that was on the shade on this occasion:

(here's the whole thing for reference, from above

)

Upper waterfall #2 is another 0.25 mile or so past that and is a stairstep cascade into a big pool, probably 6-8 feet. The sun murdered my photos of that one (just a white patch in a black field, pretty much).

So yeah... nice little waterfall, nothing super special but a good place to bring kids or just relax for a bit.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Nice looking falls, thanks for posting. I know how it feels to have bright sun making things difficult.
LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I love that 3rd shot in with the water flowing towards the camera and the slight reflection and stones showing through. Everything is in focus from near to far and the exposure is spot on. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.