Bainbridge NY Waterfall

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

RickyMac22
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon 7d

Located in Bainbridge NY. There's a smaller waterfall before this one and then another waterfall behind this one as you head up stream but I havent been to that one yet. There's apparently quite a few right near the Bainbridge/Sidney NY area that I never knew about. This is almost right in town, just up Newton Brook a little ways past the end of the street. I believe it's private property but have never had a problem going there.
Attachments
Falls 1a1a1.jpg
Falls 1a1a1.jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 1860 times
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Excellent composition on this one. The eyes really zig-zag across the frame when looking at it. Excellent pic and info. Thanks for posting.
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Nice pic.
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior

thank you both. Im going to try and get to the other falls on the stream in the spring. I know there's 1 more set just above this one but you have to climb these to get up there and I didnt wanna risk my gear getting wet. Ive heard there's some in Afton NY too, just a few miles south west of Bainbridge. If anyone would like directions to the falls let me know.. There is no public parking for these falls in Bainbridge.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Lovely shot. I had to look at a map to see where Bainbridge is. Looks like Elmer's glue may have begun its life there.....interesting!
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior

Kelly wrote:Lovely shot. I had to look at a map to see where Bainbridge is. Looks like Elmer's glue may have begun its life there.....interesting!
Yes, for a time Bainbridge NY was the only place in the world where Elmer's Glue was made. There's a big sign when you enter the village with Elmer's on it. We're right on Interstate 88 between Oneonta and Binghamton.
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior

Apparently you can access the waterfall just upstream from this one from the Finger Lakes Trail which runs just to the West of Bainbridge. Im going to check this out hopefully within the next week.
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior

I was recently notified of another possible set of waterfalls a mile or 2 to the south of these on a different stream. I will be checking them out within the next week or so hopefully. Apparently we have quite a few waterfalls in my neck of the woods that I had no idea even exisited haha.