Sidney New York Waterfall

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

RickyMac22
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon 7d

Came across this Waterfall 2 weeks ago while driving home. It was never visible because trees use to block it. I use to go to this spot to shoot photos and could hear what I thought was water but also thought it could be wind because its way up on a big hill and I was normally up there to shoot storms. Anyways last summer a storm came through the area and ripped down a lot of trees and now you can see this multi layered waterfall from the road. I stopped to grab a quick photo with my iPhone since I didnt have my camera with me. The Waterfall goes from the top of the photo down to below the bottom of the photo. Seems to be at least 2 levels to it. Always sounds to have a lot of water flowing over it. Its located right on Route 8 in Sidney NY at the top of the hill between Sidney and Masonville NY. Theres a little pull off right next to this waterfall as if it was put there by design before the trees took over the area.
Attachments
Waterfall.jpg
Waterfall.jpg (166.17 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Wonderful information! Thank you
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior

You're Welcome. I will try and get back and get some better photos soon. Some areas of it are sorta blocked from some of the trees that were knocked down, may try and clear some out with my cousin this spring to make it more visible. If anyone needs directions or information feel free to ask. This is maybe 1/4 of a mile off Interstate 88 at exit 9 (Sidney) up the hill on Route 8 towards Masonville NY.
lizavery
Rookie

I'd love directions to this, I was over that way this weekend and I'm not sure if I was looking in the wrong place or what but I was unsuccessful in finding it.
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior

lizavery wrote:I'd love directions to this, I was over that way this weekend and I'm not sure if I was looking in the wrong place or what but I was unsuccessful in finding it.
Sorry Liz just seeing this post now. This is right along the road on Route 8. Depends on what way you come to Sidney. I've actually found a few waterfalls in the Sidney area that arent listed on this site.