Shenantaha Park Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Jeduthan
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Kodak Easyshare C1450

While out on a bike ride today I passed what I think is a seasonal falls in Shenantaha Creek Park in Malta NY. I stopped because I heard the water running, and it took me a minute to discover the falls were under the snow. I think that this may be more of a 'slide' than a 'falls', if I'm using the correct terminology. To see the falls, exit I-87 (the Northway) at exit 12. Head west on Rt 67 to the traffic light at Eastline Road and turn left. Next look for Shenantaha Creek Park entrance on the left. There are two parking lots in the park. Once in the park, head south on the Zin Smith County Trial (paved) for about 1500 feet; 42.960896 -73.823013. The falls are on the left. I'll try to get back for a better picture after the snow has melted, as the picture I attached is somewhat unimpressive.
Attachments
Shenantaha.jpg
Shenantaha.jpg (182.87 KiB) Viewed 981 times
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Interesting looking falls and can you guess how tall this one is? Thanks for sharing your picture.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

eagerly awaiting a spring view... looks to be a nice shape.
Jeduthan
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Kodak Easyshare C1450

I did finally get around to visiting the park again. Small bits of snow clung here and there to the edges of the gully. The falls are about 20 feet high or so. I think the season for this falls is nearly done as the water was running in a thin sheet as it burbled down the ledges.
Attachments
Shenentaha3.jpg
Shenentaha3.jpg (180.75 KiB) Viewed 616 times