Buttermilk Falls, Wevertown, NY

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

A friend of my daughters just came back from a camping trip from Wevertown, NY. He took a picture of a falls called "Buttermilk", in this town. My daughter is going to find out for me it's size and actual location. Which I'll post for anyone going up there. Here is a picture of it.
Buttermilk falls, Wevertown, NY 001 Eml.JPG
Buttermilk falls, Wevertown, NY 001 Eml.JPG (45.04 KiB) Viewed 848 times
Marty
Last edited by Kelly on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tweaked subject line
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Wevertown in the Adirondacks? I'm not too familiar with the area if that's the place. But the falls does look sorta like one I've been to over on route 8 I think, a bit past Wevertown, but probably still considered that area.
LGD
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Thanks LGD! I know that route 8, north of wevertown is also called "buttermilk falls" road. I looked at the area on google maps.
pg
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

I didn't look it up, but it's in Dunn's book, and I remember the rocks are layered and very slanted, around 70-80° or so form flat. Made for some interesting walking around and the water flowed in and around the upturned layers of rock. I didn't take many pictures that day as the light was too contrasty.
LGD