Brookfield Horse Trails - Falls at outlet to Lost Pond

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

wellshorton
Rookie

Here's a winter shot of a falls in the Broofield Horse Trails Lost Pond Outlet in Madison County.
http://wells-horton.smugmug.com/Nature/ ... 9078_tYzDf

Wells
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Excellent! I love that chunk of ice that hangs down over the top.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Those are great Wells!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
wellshorton
Rookie

I am both kicking myself and thrilled. Both at the same time! For years I've photographed the one falls near the outlet to Lost Pond. Today I explored further and disccovered that downstream from the one falls I've photographed there are several others. Springtime is the best to see these falls since there is so little water flowing at other times.
The larger falls
The larger falls
MikeDeep
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon 1D Mk II/III

I decided to check this one out during my trip in June. The flow was rather weak and the light wasn't great.

Details seem scarce on this one, and satellite/aerial imagery isn't much help, so here's some more information. The stream crosses under the truck trail at the coordinates 42.757380°, -75.391663°. Following that stream will bring you to these three falls:

The first falls are small but interesting - the rock along the left side is vertical and looks almost man-made.

The second falls are a series of tiny cascades.

The third and largest is probably around 25 feet tall.