Mine Kill in Gilboa

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Jeduthan
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Kodak Easyshare C1450

A second falls is right next to the platform. The platform affords a decent view, but I found it difficult to get a picture that was even close to what I could actually see.
Attachments
MineKillmid.jpg
MineKillmid.jpg (135.04 KiB) Viewed 2336 times
Jeduthan
Guide
Guide

The path down to the lower falls. Not a bad walk, some somewhat steep sections and a bit of mud here and there but not an unreasonable hike at all.
Attachments
MineKillpath.jpg
MineKillpath.jpg (210.52 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
Jeduthan
Guide
Guide

The lower falls. I had to wait a bit for some swimmers to clear out of the frame. Again the bright sunlight didn't help at all and I couldn't figure out how to deal with it at the time. I found a marvelous place to visit as the water comes flying out of the rock into the pool, with sheer rock faces along one side. I could have stayed there for quite some time simply enjoying it all, but I had a long ride back and had to leave long before I wanted.
Attachments
MineKilllower.jpg
MineKilllower.jpg (178.68 KiB) Viewed 2137 times
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Great photos. I love this waterfall. So unique. I want to photograph it, but quite a drive for me. :(
Laurie

I live in Northen Dutchess, so whenever Im out there for a scenic drive I always make a point to stop at Mine Kill. These falls are gorgeous. It's a nice little hidden spot in the Catskills that not a lot of people know about. At least not as much as Kaaterskill.