Edwards Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

MikeDeep
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon 1D Mk II/III

I have some new photos and an update to the info above.

The path behind Suburban Park is gravel, not pavement. I forgot that detail. The rope is gone, but the path down is still there. Recent rains have raised Limestone Creek to a level that may make crossing it or creek-walking up it difficult. I chose to hug the East wall all the way upstream, which wasn't easy while carrying a tripod. The trip is much easier if you can get across the creek downstream and use the flat ground on that side.

There are now three no trespassing signs all at different distances from the falls (One on a string again, two on posts). I think another look at the tax map might be in order to see where exactly the line is. You'd think the signs would be more productive up top, where people try to go diving.

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Thanks for the update.
Are there posted signs along the trail that you had to pass to get those photos?
MikeDeep
Junior
Junior

There are none along the way, just at the base of the falls.

I've checked the tax map and apparently the property actually extends from Pompey Center Road all the way downstream to the area behind the Suburban Park apartments. You're on it as soon as you hit the banks of Limestone Creek. It almost seems like the signs were placed to ruin the efforts of any prospective photographers rather than prospective partiers. Plus they're totally ineffective at warning anyone of the land's status until they've hiked literally 20 minutes into it.

Here's a screenshot of the map. It's probably safe to mark this one as private property.

Matt
President
President

Ah.. ok. Good information. I'm going to be out that way and was wondering if it would be worth a profile page, but i think with the signs there and a strong board topic with good info is plenty.
Thanks!
Cattitude
Rookie

Thanks Mikedeep! Great info and pics!
RichieC
Rookie

Hello, I'm new here (though I have viewed this site many times)

Some friends and I attempted to go to Edwards Falls 3 days ago. We tried to enter through the creek, figuring it wouldn't be going through someone's property. Needless to say, there are "No trespassing" signs in the creek as well as on the land. The owner also came over and yelled at us.

Does anyone know if there is another way to legally view these falls? I am told the owner owns the land on both sides of the creek - :(

Thanks - Rich
MikeDeep
Junior
Junior

Not really, no.

The landowner has been repeatedly irresponsible in properly posting his land, which has apparently led to a lot of confrontations.
Matt
President
President

New Guide Available!
https://nyfalls.com/waterfalls/edwards-falls/

Did a bit of research on the site. turned up little but what I found was interesting.