Sheldrake Creek

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

These are a few of the falls along Sheldrake Creek on Cayuga Lake. To quote Champy and his find of Oak Tree Falls...
"I may be the first person on the internets to have a picture of this waterfall." or falls for that matter. These falls are located on private property and persons wishing to view them should seek out permission before hiking to them. There are a few more falls in the area however due to lighting despite hiking in at 6am I wasnt able to come up with anything worth posting.

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

Nice find! Is that a basketball in the last picture??
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Yeah there is a house directly above that point in the creek...imagine some kid lost his ball. This whole creek is very untrashed (no beer/pop bottles, or other junk you find in the well traveled creeks around here) with exception of car parts from years past and the occasional basketball lol.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Thanks for the info. I got this into the index.