2010 - What's Missing?

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I'd love to see a photo of this falls some time. It's listed in my NYS Gazeteer can't find much info on it. I've tried to access the creek from upstream but its all residential and I'm not about to cut through backyards. Access from downstream is on the other side of the road from Paper Mill Falls but is heavily posted.

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Same here, that's right around the corner from my work. There is also a small falls (8' ?)on Pole Bridge Road just south of Lake Road. It is on Little Conesus Creek.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I just thought of another idea looking at my Gazeteer again. I wonder if it could be accessed by walking along the Livonia and Avon railroad grade? I'll have to check that out some time.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl

What does anyone know about these falls? These are a bit further up the creek. According to the waterfall map page these could be Decker Falls? But they are definately higher than 10'.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/#/59z0g2yyp4s34ws3
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

don't know but this building next to it may be a clue
http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/#/2kpyf4bf7g77tdko
hobkyl

A mill? Will have to check it out this year.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

cbobcat49 wrote:
Wagener Glen

Pultney, NY

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=42.5 ... 1&t=p&z=15

Unknown # of falls and heights.

Unknown ownership. (Currently corresponding with Town Clerk in regards to ownership, but it has been slow going)
There is a large falls here maybe about 75 feet high. Is possibly private but there were no posted signs as of a few years ago.
Finally got an response from the owner.

Dear Mr. Hobart,

I apologize for not responding to your letter this past summer. But, since you have followed up with various inquiries regarding the Wagner gully property in the town of Pulteney, you should be informed of the position of the trustees that manage the property.

They understand your intentions, but due to liability issues, cannot allow you to use the property for recreational, photographic, or any other purpose.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Walt Peek,
Trustee
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Morganville Falls
by cbobcat49 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:06 pm
Another falls nearby is Morganville Falls near Batavia. About 25 feet high I think. I've only been at the crest of that. All the downstream access points are heavily posted.

I have obtained permission to access these falls and plan to visit sometime this spring.
Attachments
s59.jpg
s59.jpg (47.75 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook