Fawn's Leap Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Great shots, I never tried getting above and to the other side, looks nice.

Oh yeah, crazy video, though nothing I wouldn't have tried in my younger days.
LGD
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

GREAT video. That's it. Most all shot from Fawn's Leap.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Does anyone else find it amuzing the chubby kid is the one with the most talent/balls?
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

hobkyl wrote:Does anyone else find it amuzing the chubby kid is the one with the most talent/balls?

Yeah, I smirked at that myself. Personally, I've never had the urge to do any cliff jumping or anything like that. That said, I _really_ want to go to this falls and try some jumping.. ;)
-----
spec
gardengirl13
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: OMD-EM5

Looking to shoot Fawn's leap and Kaaterskill soon, I've shot Bastion quickly in a rain so I didn't have time to really take lots of shots. I'm just wondering how hard the hike is to get down (and back up) to fawn's leap and kaaterskill. I keep seeing how many people have died this summer/spring at kaaterskill and I'm assuming they're going up the steep side of the falls, not the trail to the base from 23A. Problem is I have a back back and hips, but really want to shoot both of these falls.
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

garden girl3, if you look up to

Fawn's Leap Falls
by George » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:53 pm

you will see a picture of a sign. Right there is the falls. Right off the road. Brave the south side and you get a really nice bird's eye view that i included a pic of above. Kaaterskill is a longer walk read above where to park. Getting to the upper falls may not be for everyone, but it is really really worth it. very peaceful up there.

David
P.S. while at Fawn's leap since you are so close check out Moore Bridge Falls literally just down a short walk under the bridge.
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

:up:
Last edited by ApproachingLight on Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
gardengirl13
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: OMD-EM5

Oh great! I thought it was a steep hike to get to fawn's leap! I'll try Kaaterskill too. I really want to see it and I'm willing to be very sore for a week or two to do it, (I also need to do it before I get worse and can't do it!)

Now I'm not sure where the sign is? Is it near that tiny two car pull off heading back down the mtn from the bigger parking area for kaaterskill towards Catskill?